Whether you are going on a trek, peak climbing, or expedition, the Kathmandu to Lukla helicopter flight lets you have a terrific beginning to your journey. The commercial Kathmandu Lukla flight is nerve-racking and can get overwhelming for some travelers. The regular flights to Lukla from Kathmandu operated by local airlines- Yeti Airlines, Tara Airlines, etc are known to be one of the most extreme flights on Earth.
Lukla airport is small at 2,860 meters (9,383 ft) from sea level. Only small, fixed-wind, short takeoff & landing aircraft land at this airport along with helicopters. So, the best alternative to a regular flight to Lukla is Kathmandu to Lukla helicopter flight.
Luka airport is the gateway to many adventurous treks & expeditions in the Everest region (like Everest Base Camp Trek, Gokyo Lakes Trek, Three High Passes Trek, Island Peak climbing, EBC heli trek, etc). The travelers have to pass by Lukla to explore the Everest region, and the only way to reach this place is via the Kathmandu Lukla flight as there are no roadways.
Escape the overwhelming Kathmandu Lukla regular flights and fly to Lukla airport comfortably with us by joining our Kathmandu to Lukla helicopter flight.
Our Kathmandu to Lukla helicopter flight offers an easy and safe ride to Lukla airport. Moreover, the helicopter flight to Lukla offers jaw-dropping aerial views of the Himalayan mountains, which is much better than the regular commercial flights. The flight tends to be 45 minutes long, and the experience is once-in-a-lifetime.
Helicopter Flights to Lukla
A helicopter flight to Lukla from Kathmandu can accommodate up to 5 people with a full window seat. The flight offers stunning views of snow-capped mountains like Ganesh Himal (7,422 m), Gauri Sankar (7,134 m), Shishapangma (8,027 m), Ama Dablam (6,812 m), Lhotse (8,516 m), Nuptse (7,861 m), Pumori (7,161 m), etc. The journey already gets phenomenal even before you hit the trail.
Who can go on Kathmandu to Lukla helicopter flight?
Anyone thinking to travel in the Khumbu region can choose Kathmandu to Lukla helicopter flight. We drop you at the Lukla airport from where the trek begins towards the famous Sherap town Namche Bazaar (3,440 m) and further ascend to the basecamp Everest and other corners of the Khumbu region.
We provide transparent and genuine Kathmandu to Lukla helicopter flight cost in the market with special discounts on large group joining. As we specialize in helicopter service in Nepal, all of our flights are very safe and well-maintained.
Below are some of the conditions in which you can join the Kathmandu to Lukla helicopter tour:
- If your regular Kathmandu Lukla flight gets delayed or canceled because of bad weather, you can opt for a helicopter from Kathmandu to Lukla to be on your itinerary.
- If you are afraid of the standard commercial flight between these two places, then a helicopter flight makes a great restful alternative.
- If you wish to travel comfortably, enjoying luxury perks in one of the remotest regions of Nepal, then the helicopter ride to Lukla from Kathmandu is the perfect option.
- A helicopter ride to Lukla is also ideal for elderly travelers or people who cannot handle the thrill provided by regular flights.
Lukla Airport & Regular Airlines Flights Delays/Cancellation Reasons
Lukla airport is also known as Tenzing Hillary Airport. The airport is located at 2,860 meters in north-eastern Nepal. The airport has a very short and steep airstrip, which makes landing & takeoff comparatively more complicated than other airports around the world.
The flight route of Lukla also involves passing by giant rocks, hills, and mountains on both sides before landing. Therefore, the pilots have to be very skilled and acquainted with geography.
At the same time, the unstable weather of the Himalayas also makes it difficult for commercial flight operators to offer guaranteed regular flights. Sometimes, the weather gets disturbed even in the peak traveling seasons.
Above mentioned things are the major factors that frequently cancel regular airlines flights to Lukla from Kathmandu. However, with a helicopter, the flight cancellation chances are very low because the choppers can withstand the adverse weather of the Himalayas and still offer a very safe journey.
Kathmandu to Lukla distance
The Kathmandu to Lukla distance is 136.17 kilometers. The regular flight takes 35 minutes to reach Lukla airport from Kathmandu, whereas a helicopter flight takes 45 minutes.
Lukla Helicopter Flight Cost
With Everest Experience and Assistance, you will get the best Lukla Helicopter flight cost. If you are joining us in a group, the helicopter flight costs USD 500 per person. The flight is shared between 5 people, so the per head costs get very low and affordable.
Likewise, for private charter, the Lukla Helicopter flight costs around USD 2,900. You can fly solo or with your loved ones. We make it very easy for solo travelers to join Kathmandu to Lukla helicopter flights because we have regular flights. You can join as per your requirements.
*Note: The cost of the Lukla to Kathmandu helicopter flight is the same as the cost of the Kathmandu to Lukla helicopter flight. Therefore, if you are already in Lukla and want to come back to Kathmandu by helicopter, contact us anytime.
The benefit of Kathmandu to Lukla Helicopter flight
- You can reach Lukla even if the standard airline flight gets canceled because of disturbing weather and air traffic.
- The helicopter flight between Kathmandu and Lukla gets less affected by unstable weather.
- The views during the helicopter flight between these two places are 100 times better than the regular commercial airline flights.
Are there chances of helicopter flights to Lukla being canceled?
We say NO as our answer. The Kathmandu to Lukla helicopter flight cancellation chances are rare. Unless the weather gets extremely unfavorable and may risk the safety of our guests, we don't cancel helicopter flights to Lukla. Sometimes the flight may get delayed for a few minutes.
Additional Helicopter Ride from Lukla Airport
Apart from the mentioned helicopter flight from Lukla, we also organize tailor-made helicopter flights almost everywhere in the Khumbu region. From Lukla airport, we have the following helicopter flights that you can take further:
- Helicopter flight from Lukla to Kathmandu
- Helicopter flight from Lukla to Pheriche
- Helicopter flight from Lukla to Everest Base Camp or Gorak Shep
- Helicopter flight from Lukla to Gokyo Lakes
- Helicopter flight from Lukla to Hotel Everest View
- Helicopter flight from Lukla to Dingboche
- Helicopter flight from Lukla to Lobuche
- Helicopter flight from Lukla to Chukkung
- Helicopter flight from Lukla to Khare